A Short can be any vertical video that is 60 seconds or less in duration. You can create one using YouTube’s video creation tools or upload one created elsewhere.
YouTube’s latest short-form video creation tool, the Shorts camera, makes it easy to create videos that are up to 15 seconds long with the option to capture multiple clips. You can also use various creative features, including:
- Music: Pick from a selection of songs that are free to use.
- Speed control: Choose to speed up or slow down recording.
- Timer: Set the Countdown to record hands-free and the Stop point to automatically stop recording.
If you want to learn how to get instant subscribers.
Create a short on YouTube
Creating a short video on YouTube allows you to record one or more clips that add up to 15 seconds. While recording, use the progress bar at the top of your screen to see how many segments you’ve recorded, and the length of each.
To create a short video on YouTube:
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap Create .
- Tap Create a Short.
- To record a clip, tap and hold the capture button or tap it to start recording and tap it again to end the segment.
- Tap Undo to remove the previous video clip you recorded or tap Redo to add the removed segment back to your video.
- Tap NEXT to preview your video tap NEXT again to add details to your video.
- Add a title (max 100 characters) to your short video.
- Tap Select audience to choose whether or not your short is made for kids. Learn more with this Help Center article.
- Tap Upload to finish.